White Chocolate Chip and Butterscotch Cookies
Author: LaBranda Maners
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 sm pkg instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and both sugars until smooth and creamy with a hand mixer.
- To creamed mixture add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Beat in butterscotch pudding mix, salt, baking soda, and flour, one cup at a time, until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and with a cookie scoop, drop dough evenly onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment or Silpat® and bake for 9-10 minutes.
For a more butterscotch flavored cookie, use a large package of pudding mix and reduce granulated sugar by 2-3 tablespoons.