Summary: This soup has no bells or whistles–just simple goodness that will send a cold on the road in a hurry.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 12 cups “Homemade” chicken stock
- 4 ounces thin noodles, broken into pieces
- As needed salt and pepper
- In a large stock pot, saute celery and onion in olive oil.
- Add chicken, carrots, thyme, and stock. Simmer for 30-60 minutes.
- Add noodles, and simmer for 10 additional minutes. Season to taste and serve.
Cooking time (duration): 70 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8-10